Fri, Sep 23|
Macon Bibb City Hall
Youth Mental Health First Aid
Looking to learn more about how to support youth mental health? Join Andrea Cooker BSW,MFT and Jarvis Adside for a free training on Youth Mental Health First Aid. In this class, you'll learn how to identify and respond to signs of mental health and substance abuse among children and adolescents.
Time & Location
Sep 23, 2022, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM EDT
Macon Bibb City Hall, 700 Poplar St, Macon, GA 31201, USA
About the Event
WHO SHOULD KNOW MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID?
- School Staff.
- Camp Counselors
- Youth Group Leaders
- Adults who Work with Youth.
WHAT MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID COVERS?
- Common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges in this age group, including anxiety, depression, eating disorders and attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD)
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges
- How to interact with a child or adolescent in crisis.
- How to connect the youth with help
- Expanded content on trauma, substance use, self-care and the impact of social media and bullying.
*** Must attend both sessions
Youth Mental Health First Aid$0.00